Looking to learn new recipes and exploring healthy ways of eating? Join Chef Johnny for the Taste of Transcendence. The Art of Ayurvedic cooking brings together the techniques of consciousness, expansion, and the healing application of plants, herbs, and food. Ayurveda is established as a natural system of healing wisdom, with the emphasis on prevention and preservation of health. It originated 5000 years ago in India. Ayurvedic principles and foods work with the body’s innate intelligence in order to promote natural self-healing. Ayurvedic diets are customized depending on a persons specific body type (or “constitution”), called a dosha.
In this workshop you will learn:
- Basic Ayurvedic philosophy and principles.
- Overview of origins of Ayurveda and healing potential of thedifferent aspects with practical techniques.
- Discover body types and the 3 doshas with relation to nutrition withexamples of foods which balance/aggravate your body type (dosha)
- Discover the 6 tastes inherent in all food
- Observe Ayurvedic organic vegan cooking class demo style
- Learn the healing powers of spices and herbs and how to use them
- Taste the six tastesExamples of food and beverage demonstrations include:• Delicious tri-doshic tea.
• Spice mix
• Universally healing kitchari
• Crunchy Masala topping
• Green beans in coconut puree • Mango chutney
• Sweet sesame halvaThis class will help you better understand your body type and naturally make mindful eating choices for optimal nourishment and well being. Whether new to Ayurveda or growing expert, Chef Johnny will inspire you to see and feel the profundity of this wisdom and taste it too.
Chef Johnny Brannigan is an Internationally trained Ayurvedic, vegetarian and vegan chef with a deep base in Eastern spiritual wisdom and Western natural, holistic medicine. Initially introduced to the Vedic lifestyle and practical meditation techniques by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in Switzerland he quickly became renowned as an artistic chef and teacher of Ayurveda and Transcendental Meditation. Chef Johnny has taught and cooked in over 33 countries, always learning and gaining inspiration for new recipes, whilst integrating Ayurvedic principles into the food. He co-founded a unique Ayurvedic inspired snack company in Great Britain, The Organic Snack Company in 1998 and then travelled to USA where he cooked at The Raj. At this time he published his first cookbook, The Global Vegetarian. After moving to Kauai, Hawaii in 2002 he co-authored the award winning Eat Taste Heal, an Ayurvedic guidebook and cookbook. Chef Johnny is a regular contributor to the Chopra Lifestyle blog as well as a presenter at the Chopra Center’s “Living in Balance” retreats and AAPNA conferences.